9/15/11

It's Saved by the Bell Thursday!

Obviously, I wrote this yesterday, pre-meltdown.  I do feel better now, but I'm NOT feeling funny.  HMPH.

Did you ever think you'd make it this long!?  Did you sit and go over your list of favorite tertiary SBTB characters in your head, over and over again, not sleeping, not eating, not going to the library to pick up homeless dudes??  Did you think Thursday would EVER come?!

That's what she said.

Anyway, the wait is over.  This week's character is...

Kevin the Robot!

Okay, so Kevin was Screech's robot that I think he put together himself, because he was a total geekburger with cheese (cross-reference, I know) and for some reason, I think he liked snack foods.  Like popcorn or something.  He was an integral player in the whole "Kelly and Screech" fiasco, where even Gorby got involved with his incredulosity.  Yes, that is a word.  Kevin was always there to give Screech sage advice and be horny (I know he made some sort of sexy comment about Kelly when she was spending so much time studying there for her physics test) and I think he also spoke many languages.

As you can see, I sort of don't remember that much about Kevin.  Let's see what the Internet says!!

Party on, sweet Kevin... where ever you are...
Kevin the Robot was a creation of Screech’s with artificial intelligence. He lived in Screech’s room and was usually dishing out advice and witty remarks.  His appearances included him as Screech's assistant when Screech was doing a magic show; and as Assistant hall monitor when Screech was nominated for the post by his fellow classmates, to make up for forgetting Screech's birthday.  The robot only appeared during Season 1 and 2.  Kevin was operated and voiced by Mike Lavelle.

So another case of the disappearing tertiary character.  If I've seen it once, I've seen it seven times.  To be honest, I'm hazy on the examples listed on Wikipedia, and angry there is no mention of sexytime with Kelly, Screech, and Kevbomber.  Sort of like nerdbomber, but with less cheese.  Again, another reference I hope you get otherwise you're out of Zack Attack forever.  I digress.  Who is this Mike Lavelle character?

And once again, if you are trying to find anything out about him, you are SOL.  Much like Melvin Nerdley, we have zero information on him.  Do you think there is some sort of SBTB mafia, wherein if you play a tertiary character that disappears inexplicably, you too will disappear inexplicably?!  OMG this makes so much sense....

No comments:

Post a Comment