11/28/11

Another crappy post...

So the flurry of activity from being away from work for a week has finally worn down, and now I am so sad I can't even deal.  I love my job, but I hate being away from Bink all day, everyday.  I know I am missing out on so much - time that I will never get back, and even though right now there isn't much I can do about it (I can't stop working anytime soon - we don't have a house yet so there's no way I can drop everything and be a stay-at-home-mom) it still makes me sad.

How do we do this?  Everyday is so hard.  Meh.

Ech, post-vacation blues...

Okay, I PROMISE this is my last crappy post.  Pinky swear.  Let's lighten the mood a bit...

This never stops being awesome. Oh, Beek...

3 comments:

  1. Dear K,

    I am sorry you feel sad. Here's how you have to think of it: because you work, you have the pleasure of really, really appreciating your time with Bink at night and on weekends. All of your time with her gets to be "time in". There's no "la la la, let's just pass the day and count the minutes until nap/bedtime". All of that is AWESOME for her. Plus, she gets to see how super incredible her working Mama is. Also, you can always try to strike a deal with her - she'll save her milestones for nights and weekends. I did that with son # 1, and it made me feel much better.

    You know what else? Maybe once a month, treat yourself to some Peapod grocery delivery and/or house cleaning service so that you don't have to worry about doing that over the weekend. Then you can focus on Bink and not feel like you're letting the basics slip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is TOTALLY true and this is why I have to stalk you. We definitely do have fun when we are together, and that is very important. And she is not allowed to do anything unless I am there or else she has to sit on my lap and let me hug her for many minutes on end. Which is the thing she hates the most in life.

    You are the BEST! And grocery delivery saves my life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binks is so lucky to have you for a mommy. You give her so much love and she will always reach milestones when you are together. Binks is so happy because of you. I love you both more than I can say. I know that you work really hard and you still always have lots of energy to have fun with Binks.

    ReplyDelete