12/16/11

Girly Indulgences

Do you guys get like this?  When I feel like nothing is going my way, or I'm just kind of out of sorts, I immerse myself in a beauty routine.  I don't know why, but if my nails and hair look nice, I feel like I'm more in control of things.  I'm a total beauty junkie and I like to know what everyone uses, and if I should use it, so if you have suggestions, let me know, as I am still on the hunt for a perfectly long-lasting blush and the PERFECT lipstick.  I'm getting close, but no clear winner yet.

Also, are there certain brands that you NEVER buy, for no reason at all?  I never buy Estee Lauder, for example.  I'm just not interested.  There is no reason, but I just don't.  Okay, I know this is totally boring...

Here's what I can't live without.  What can't you live without?

1. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion.  When I got pregnant, I became a walking, vomiting zit.  OMG, that is the grossest EVER.  But it's true.  Anyway, I tried a billion things and the only thing that helped - and helped AMAZINGLY, were Mario Badescu products.  They are frickin awesome and, as someone who battled breakouts for, like, ever, I know all about every product ever created for all time.  This product is the champ, though.  A total must if you have skin, like, at all.
Buffering Lotion
OMG you're welcome.
2. Dior Addict perfume.  Hands down the best perfume ever.  In the summer, I change it up and wear Kai, because Addict is a very heavy scent, but outside of that, I wear nothing else.  Sort of like Marilyn Monroe, except a different perfume and I also wear clothes.
Dior Addict
I feel fabulous when I wear it, which is the whole point, right?
3. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.  Again, when I was pregnant and the ugliest person of all time, this did wonders in terms of covering up my splotches, blotches, and tearstains (there was a LOT of crying that year).
Secret Camouflage
Spackletastic, baby!
4. Sara Happ The Lip Slip.  So lip products are my downfall.  I have billions and it is sick and gross.  But this is now the ONLY lip balm I use.  It's a little expensive, but I have had my tub for over a year now and I am halfway done (use it constantly) and better yet, I haven't bought any other lip balms that whole time.  So it's really SAVING money.  Right?!  People have told me her lip scrub is heaven as well.

Get this immediately.
 What can't you live without?  What should we all try?

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh, yes! I am a beauty product addict too! If I'm feeling crappy, the one thing that makes me feel better is if I put on a ton of makeup and do my hair. It's hard to feel down if you look pretty. :)

    My can't live without list right now is:

    1. Clinique moisture surge moisturizer. BEST STUFF EVER.

    2. Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation in Tender Rose. I used to use Bare Minerals, but that made me itchy. This is waaaay better. There are crushed pearls in it.

    3. Benefit BOING concealer, in shades 1 & 2. I have to mix them, but I've never found anything I like better. I tried Laura Mercier's Secret Camo once, but it was a bit too thick for my liking. Boing stays on all day and I just adore it.

    Benefit has some great blushes, including their Benetint, which is a liquid made of roses. You paint it on and rub it in. One bottle has lasted me ten years, so it's a good investment. I don't wear it every day, but still. They have lots of great powder blushes too.

    I love Lorac serenity eyeshadow. It's so pretty!

    As far as lipstick, I use lots of different ones. Right now, I've been using a clinique one that I got as a "free gift with purchase" and I love it. It's a brown color that I never thought I'd like, but it's sheer and pretty on. Oh, and it's really moisturizing. I used to wear their black honey Almost Lipstick, which is a best-seller, so they must be doing something right!

    If I think of anything else, I'll comment again. If I could live in Sephora...I would. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's embarrassing--I think my comment was longer than your original post. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO - this is IMPORTANT! Probably the most important thing we've ever talked about! :) I do love BOING as well! I used that before the spackle and could probably go back to it because it does cover but isn't as thick as SC. You know, I wore Benetint before but totally forgot about it - I loooove High Beam, if you use highlighter, it is awesome as well. I think I'm going to get either a stain (NOT Stainiac, love the color and price but fades in 2 seconds) or a cream blush and layer with powder because nothing else seems to work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a whole long link-heavy response to this yesterday, and it never posted and now it's lost. So boo, but you get the abridged version.

    Preface: I shop almost exclusively at CVS and Target for beauty.

    I cannot live without my Oil of Olay cleaner. It's the $25 version of something MODG posted in her Stuff I Like post that cost $125. I sometimes use the special cleanser they sell with it, and sometimes I use other cleansers. It's the machine that's the good thing:
    http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/olay-professional/advanced-cleansing-system?pid=075609037047

    I also love this Salma Hayak Nuance gel eyeliner. It's awesome and cheap and I have one for my car, one for my purse, and one for my home:
    http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=840919&productId=840919&navAction=jump&navCount=3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I use the Olay brush, too! It is the BEST. I forgot about that one - that is a total life-changer, and I have friends with the Clairsonic who say it's basically the same but for none of the price.

    Ha, "home eyeliner". I have tiny raccoon eyes so I don't generally use liner, but I was thinking I should have one - because it IS useful to have...

    ReplyDelete