8/24/12

Feed Your Mind Friday

Feed your mind, and the rest will follow!  Be colorblind!  Don't be so shallow!


What do you think En Vogue is doing RIGHT NOW?

So it's Friday, and we're lazy, but I am going to tell you something you've probably never heard.  Reading is really important.  I read a lot because I commute via train and don't have any fancy gadgets like a Smartphone, tablet, or talking frog, but even if I did, I'd still read because I love it.  So I usually go to the library on Thursdays (OH, dude, I place a ton of holds and have been for years, another person JUST started holding books with the same last name as me.  Now I have to check all the books and stop thinking "Dude, I did NOT get out Fifty Shades of Grey!" except that I DID but you get what I mean.  Luckily this "other" person only gets out kids books, which I do not do because Bink eats her books and would kill me if I gave her a precious book and then took it away.) and this week I got some good ones.  Let's discuss, shall we?

Fifty Shades of Grey.  Honestly, I never expected to get this because I was legit 824 on the list to get it so we'll see.  I hear there is fisting and for reals, I don't want to hear it.  Also, the woman who wrote it seems so smarmy and says things like "luscious" (SICK) so I am sure I will hate it.

Margaret Atwood's Lady Oracle.  LOVE Margaret Atwood.  This one came out in 1978 and I'm so excited to read it.

Kyle Richards' Life is Not a Reality Show.  I had to.  It was right there, taunting me with it's hank of luxurious horsehair gathered to one side and Botoxy everything.  

I got other ones, but I haven't read them so what can I tell you about them?  I'll tell you about the books I just returned:

Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend This Never Happened.  Aka the Blogess.  Some parts were really funny, but other parts had too much blood in them.  Blood makes me dizzy and faint, so that was the only downside.

Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus.  Read it.  Amazing.  Just read it and then let's have a book club and drink 4 bottles of wine and many wheels of cheese.

Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl.  I don't know if I loved it or hated it beyond words.  Someone else read it and tell me what to think. 

Maggie Shipstead's Seating Arrangements.  Cute.  I didn't love it, but I liked it.

Okay, go read something, okay?  And don't be like my next door neighbor, who comes over with a bunch of Twilight books and no pants on, trying to offload them on me, promise? 

1 comment: