Anyone? Yeah, it's amazing. Let's discuss. I am steadily working my way through my two-buck Chuck and to help me along are Rebecca, Jeremiah, Sabrina, Abe and Kate, the Model Amish. HEAVEN. Okay, so my girlfriends and I watched the first episode last night. Let's start off by saying that US WEEKLY said that this show was exploitative, so, um, yeah, you know it's going to be horrifying, but we persevered. Because it is a total trainwreck that also lead to some really deep thinking...
1. Okay, these kids are Amish and Mennonites - I know Sabrina can use electricity, but can she use the internet and TV? How did they get to be on this show in the first place? Like, how would they have known about it? The only thing we came up with was that random TLC producers were walking around their communities and asked them. How else could it have worked?
2. Why was it okay for Abe's family to be on TV but, like, nobody else? And why was Ella so mean and manly? And why did Andy look like Rob Gronkowski?
3. How did Rebecca get that FAT wad of cash?
4. Why did they keep alluding to Kate's DUI but never actually talk about it on the show? Did I miss something when I was getting more wine?
5. Jeremiah and Sabrina are adopted. How did that happen? I thought the whole point was to be separate so how did adoption even come up?
6. Why am I so in love with Abe's brother/Gronk? Will he be on future episodes?
7. Why was it the shortest hour of television ever? It seriously lasted like 68 seconds.
8. Why are they shunned if they leave? I thought the whole rumspringa thing was exactly this, so why will they have to eat outside from now on?
Okay, everyone please watch this with me so we can discuss because I promise I'm going to be addicted.