5/29/12

Annnnnnnd we're back!

Oh, hello there...

I took a brief absence to handle some family issues (no worries, everything is fine!) and now I'm back to let you know I can really shake 'em down.

Yes, that is a Dirty Dancing reference.  Dirty Dancing is totally one of those movies that you thought you understood when you were in  third grade, and then you watched it two months ago and realized you missed a TON.  Like, "dirty knife and a folding table".  Um, terrible.  I had no idea what that doctor was actually doing to Johnny's "friend".  I forget her name, but loved her hair.

I digress.

So summer's here and the time is right for drinking lots of wine and eating organic foods.  Oh, you don't know I do this now?  I buy a lot of organic stuff and I am not going to lie, it makes me feel better.  It could be coupled with the fact that I am actually eating produce, period, and buying regular stuff would have the same effect (I don't buy all organic, but I do get milk, eggs, the important produce, and cookies), but more than likely, this is something we'll never know.  Like the Tootsie Pop owl.  Or geometry.

For reals, have you guys made any changes like this that you can actually see results?  I never do anything different because I tend to be lazy, but making changes like this may actually pay off in terms of having more energy and having to wear less make-up, because my dark circles aren't as bad. 

Oh, and I'm out of blush.  Suggestions?  I find that creme blush stays on longer, which I like - I've only tried Bobbi Brown thus far and I like it, but want to try something different because, um, I do. 

Speaking of beauty products, http://www.b-glowing.com/ is awesome and they have a discount code if you want it.  They have good stuff, especially Kai perfume, which I wear in the summer and not that many places carry it.

Today I ran at the gym.  Fine, it was fast walking.  But it felt really good.  Now I'll go home and eat a bag of chips and not care because 1. I ran for 20 minutes and 2. they are organic.  Which means calorie free. 

Also, has anyone noticed that TV has been lame lately?  As someone who loves TV more than, well, anything, it's kind of disappointing.  What shows are you watching?  BESIDES Crossing Jordan, I already watched all of those.

Yes, all of those.  WHAT.

Yours in caustic freedom,
K

4 comments:

  1. Penny, right?

    I like eating healthy sometimes too. I never buy organic vegetables because, well, I'm not a millionaire, but I do eat a lot of (well-washed) (ok, who are we kidding? I don't always wash them) vegetables in general. I find that the more I work out, the more I want to eat healthy. Weird, I know.

    You could re-watch every episode of Felicity on Netflix, as I am doing right now. I've also got Downton Abbey cued up, but I haven't started it yet. Since you like to be fancy, I think you'll like it. I've heard it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A - your BSG threats don't scare me! But swingers definitely DO. So stop asking.

    TB - FELICITY! Is it everything you remember and more?!!? Ihave never watched Downton Abbey but might have to start. Is it as good as Pregnant in Heels? It's dreck but I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re-watching Felicity is wonderful. It's like hanging out with old friends. Do it.

    Still haven't seen Downton Abbey, but my guess is that it's exactly like Pregnant in Heels, except that nobody is pregnant, their accents are normal English accents, and nobody eats anyone's placenta (again, because nobody is pregnant).

    ReplyDelete